Friday, November 26, 2010

Extra Credit

Before starting this class, I had never used a blog before and was kind of confused at how one would aid in learning the materials.  After doing the posts however, I really found that the blog posts each week reinforced the lectures and topics we had been discussing in class.  This was extremely helpful when tests began because I feel that it significantly lowered my study time.  I honestly didn't mind doing any of the blog posts, but one in particular that I liked less was the prompt in which we had to choose a film and break it down into different sections.  While I did think the prompt was successful in helping us to understand the Three Act Structure, I think doing the prompt was difficult because even in my favorite movies, I do not sit there with a stop watch in order to figure out how long each section is.

I think the blog is helpful, but my recommendation on using it in other classes would definitely depend on what the class was.  While for RTF it was helpful, I wouldn't see much use for a blog in a math or science class.  I think my only complaint about the blogs would be that we had such strict guidelines on what we had to write.  Although I understand that there must be criteria in order to grade the posts, I think we were limited in what we could write because the prompts were so specific.  Overall, however, I would say my blogging experience was a good one and I do think that it was a creative and unique way of helping students learn the different topics of RTF 305.


Yes, you can use my blog in a paper or report.

No comments:

Post a Comment